Thursday 8 August 2013

Mollie presenting a National Lottery Award to Seven Stories

Mollie was out and about in the North East yesterday, presenting a National Lottery Award to the favorite educational project to the Newcastle based Seven Stories.
'Seven Stories is a place that really encourages reading and storytelling.' Mollie said 'A problem with dyslexia is that some people can sometimes jump to the conclusion, 'Oh, shes thick.' 
“Some people find spelling difficult and for some people it’s reading. My spelling is fine but for me it is the reading. “They all knew I was dyslexic at school but when we had to read a story out aloud in class I hated it. “Growing up, it definitely put me off reading books but my mum would help me, reading to me and encouraging me to read. It’s so important to have good stories that really appeal to children.”







No comments:

Post a Comment